Colossians 3:17 instructs us: < 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. >
To do all things in the Name of the LORD JESUS, we must be a creative construct in the fullness of JESUS CHRIST. This progressive construct is in the substance (Gk: hupostasis) and witness (Gk: marturia) of YESHUA MASHIAH [Eph 2:10; 2 Cor 5:17-18a].
And, this progressive construct flows out of all that the FATHER has predestined in the fullness of YESHUA: < 16 For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. > [John 1:16, NASB; see also Col 1:17-20; John 16:15]
YESHUA’s fullness is meant to be manifested in our inward parts of spirit, heart and soul [our inward parts of spirit, soul and heart being identified in Heb 4:12] – the Mystery of CHRIST revealed [progressively] in our inward parts [see Col 1:26-28].
As discussed previously, one of the building blocks of the construct of our inward parts, is in our new born spirit being [being progressively] configured in the life-giving Spirit of JESUS CHRIST [1 Cor 15:45 + Phil 1:19c] so that we actualize the capacity to do all things: (1) through CHRIST who strengthens us [see Phil 4:13, NKJV]; and, (ii) by CHRIST JESUS [see Phil 4:19, NKJV].
Another building block of the construct of our inward parts, in the fullness of JESUS CHRIST, is the construct of a circumcised, heart of flesh in us [Eze 36:25; 2 Cor 3:3, NKJV; Deut 30:6; Rom 2:28-29; Col 2:11]. The construct of a heart of flesh is of the substance of YESHUA’s fullness that forms the New Covenant [Isa 49:8b] in the tablets of our heart [Jer 31:33-34]. This New Covenant construct makes us Epistles of CHRIST [2 Cor 3:3, NKJV; Ex 32:16]. We have discussed this in earlier articles.
The third building block involves the re-engineering of our soul – our mind, our will, our emotions, [in the composite expression of] our nature, our character and our personality – in the image of JESUS CHRIST [Rom 8:29]. The fruit of the HOLY SPIRIT give functional expression to the HOLY SPIRIT’s re-engineering of our soul in the image [progressively reflecting the nature, character and personality] of JESUS the MESSIAH in fulfillment of the Law [Gal 5:22-23].
The re-engineering of our soul, which is the actualization of our new man in the image of MESSIAH, flows out of the renewal of the spirit our mind:
- Proverbs 23:7a [YLT] reads: < 7 For as he hath thought in his soul, so is he … >
- Ephesians 4:20-24 [NASB] reads: < 20 But you did not learn Christ in this way, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, 22 that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, 23 and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and put on the new self, which in the likeness of* God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth. > [*I have deleted the translator inserts to give clarity to this verse.]
- Romans 12:2 [NASB] reads: < 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. >
These Scriptures point to the fact that if our thinking changes, we will be changed – be transformed [Gk: “metamorphoo”].
We will be transformed into what the FATHER has predestined [“which in GOD has been created”] in the kind intentions of His will!
Our thinking is changed as the spirit of our mind is renewed [see Eph 4:23; Rom 12:2]. The spirit of our mind is renewed by the life-giving Spirit of YESHUA [being energized by the HOLY SPIRIT into our soul, beginning in our mind and, from the mind into our will and emotions]. Prayer by the SPIRIT, in CHRIST JESUS [Romans 8:2] enables renewal and regeneration.
[Note: Please understand that what is pursued in prayer must be (progressively and continually) verified in the reality of our thoughts, words, deeds and relationships. It is in our living that our personal prayer life is proven.]
Titus 3:5 declares: < 5 He [YESHUA] saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing [see also Eph 5:26-27] of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit >.
This washing of renewal [the old being made new] and regeneration [the dead being brought to life] is through the Rhema Word [Eph 5:25-27] of YESHUA’s power [Heb 1:3b; Eph 3:20b] energized by the HOLY SPIRIT in the Amen of YESHUA’s faithful and true Witness – of Spirit, Water and Blood – resident within us [Rev 3:14b + 1 John 5:10a, 8, NKJV; Rom 8:2].
The end product of this renewal and regeneration of the mind is the mind of CHRIST [1 Cor 2:16].
The mind of MESSIAH is the product of the HOLY SPIRIT’s ministry [John 16:14].
The growing mind of MESSIAH gives growing expression to the fruit of the HOLY SPIRIT as our will and emotions are progressively re-engineered by the HOLY SPIRIT, through the life-giving Spirit of JESUS CHRIST [1 Cor 15:45 + Phil 4:13c].
The fruit of the HOLY SPIRIT expresses our soul [re-engineered through renewal and regeneration] in the image of CHRIST JESUS [Eph 2:10; Rom 8:29].
Now we can understand how all of our inward man – in spirit, soul and heart – is meant to be creatively re-engineered in the fullness of JESUS CHRIST [John 1:16 + 2 Cor 4:16]! Amen [Rev 3:14b].
- Our spirit is configured in the life-giving Spirit of YESHUA MASHIAH [see 1 Cor 15:45 + Phil 1:19c].
- Our heart is developed as a heart of flesh, as the Word becomes flesh in us as we receive and actualize the Word, by the HOLY SPIRIT, in the Testimony of JESUS, in fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets. In our heart of flesh we find progressive expression of ourselves as Epistles of CHRIST [see 2 Cor 3:3, NKJV].
- Our soul is re-engineered as our mind is renewed, transforming our will and emotions so that we stand in the image of YESHUA MASHIAH [see Rom 8:29] – in actualities of His Nature, Character and Personality being perfected and completed in us by the HOLY SPIRIT.
- Our spirit, heart and soul created and re-engineered in the fullness of JESUS CHRIST is eternal and everlasting and transcends physical death [see Heb 12:23; 2 Cor 4:16]. Our outer man dies but our inward man will actualize our abode with CHRIST JESUS in the Mount of the LORD (Mount Zion)! Amen.
Written By: James Niles
The Tabernacle School Of Ministry