James 1:17-25 gives us an overview of what the Word accomplishes: < 17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
18 In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures. …..
21 Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls.
22 But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; 24 for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was.
25 But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does. >
From this passage in James, we understand the following:
A) GOD brings us forth by the Word of Truth. YESHUA declared that HE is the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6). In its essence the Word of Truth is the communication of JESUS CHRIST, the WORD of GOD (John 1:1), whose fullness is to fill all in all (Eph 1:23c).
- This is why Ephesians 2:10 reads: < For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. >
- YHWH uses the Word of Truth to create us. This is the creative work of the HOLY SPIRIT who is called the SPIRIT of Truth (John 14:16-17; 16:13) who creates us in the fullness of JESUS CHRIST (John 1:16-17, KJV/NKJV/NASB) who is the Truth.
B) The Word (of Truth) implanted saves our soul. The Word implanted that saves our soul is the revealed Word worked into our inward parts by the HOLY SPIRIT, in CHRIST JESUS (Romans 8:2; 2 Cor 3:3, NKJV).
The revealed Word manifests the Light of Life (John 8:12). And this Light of Life is a revelation of YESHUA MASHIAH. YHWH is the FATHER of Lights. And we are Lights called forth through the Word of Truth to actualize every good and perfect gift coming down from the FATHER of Lights!
- Deuteronomy 29:29 declares: < “The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.” >
- In Mark 4:22 YESHUA declares: < “For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light. If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.” And He was saying to them, “Take care what you listen to. By your standard of measure it will be measured to you; and more will be given you besides. For whoever has, to him more shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him.” And He was saying, “The kingdom of God is like a man who casts seed upon the soil; and he goes to bed at night and gets up by day, and the seed sprouts and grows–how, he himself does not know. The soil produces crops by itself; first the blade, then the head, then the mature grain in the head.” >
- The Word implanted is communicated in the Spirit and Life of YESHUA (John 6:63b). The Word manifested in the Spirit and Life of YESHUA is the work of the HOLY SPIRIT (John 6:63a). The Word manifested in the Spirit and Life of MASHIAH YESHUA gives expression to the Light of Life. This is the work of the HOLY SPIRIT.
- This is why tongues are an effective tool in actualizing revelation knowledge. Because tongues energize the Word, by the HOLY SPIRIT, in the Spirit and Life of YESHUA through the Witness of JESUS CHRIST – in Spirit, Water and Blood – alive in us who are born again (see 1 John 5:10a, 7-8, NKJV).
- The use of tongues to obtain revelation knowledge is proclaimed in the Prophets. Isaiah 28:9-12 (NASB) reads: < “To whom would He teach knowledge, and to whom would He interpret the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just taken from the breast? “For He says, ‘Order on order, order on order, Line on line, line on line, A little here, a little there.'” Indeed, He will speak to this people through stammering lips and a foreign tongue, He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,” And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen. >
- The Prophets also speak of pure language. Zephaniah 3:9 (KJV) reads: < For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent. > This pure language has the intent and design of enabling us to serve YHWH with one consent!
C) Be effectual (effective) doers of the Word (of Truth). Functioning by the HOLY SPIRIT, in CHRIST JESUS is the Law of Life (Rom 8:2, 1-4). This Law of Life that has been predestined to set us free from the Law of Sin and death communicates Truth in the Testimony of JESUS, by the SPIRIT of Truth makes us free.
- We can function in the flesh or, we can function by the HOLY SPIRIT, in CHRIST JESUS. To effectively walk in the Word of Truth is a walk by the HOLY SPIRIT, in the fullness of JESUS CHRIST through His Witness is Spirit, Water and Blood (see 1 John 5:10a, 8).
- The fullness of JESUS CHRIST stands in the fabric of the Spirit and Life of JESUS CHRIST manifested into the fabric of our being by the HOLY SPIRIT through prayer.
- Tongues are an effective tool to enable this communication (see 2 Cor 3:3, NKJV).
- The Light of Life forms the Armor of Light which is the Armor of GOD (Rom 13:12; Eph 6:11).
D) The practice of the Word (of Truth) unfolds the perfect law of liberty. The perfect law of liberty is the Law of the SPIRIT of Life in CHRIST JESUS that has set us free from the Law of Sin and Death (see Rom 8:2).
- By the SPIRIT, through the Witness in Spirit, Water and Blood we can actualize the reality of CHRIST JESUS in us; we can behold the LORD JESUS CHRIST as LORD and BELOVED from our inward parts. This is the Veil of His Flesh opened to us through the Blood of the LAMB in a new and living Way (see Heb 10:19-20, NKJV+NASB). This how we are positioned in the Mount of the LORD (Gen 22:14).
- 1 Corinthians 3:17-18 reads: < Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit. > GBU!
The Tabernacle School Of Ministry